Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Love Affair with Chalk...



I painted the wall in my kitchen with chalkboard paint 5 years ago…before Pinterest…before Chalkboards were epic. 
Honestly, I don’t think I have ever enjoyed any single decorating item as much as my $10 chalkboard.  I have used it so many ways…
 
-Menu
-Calendar
-Important To Do's
-Party Board
The list is pretty much endless....
 
 
 


I think this week I found my favorite use for my chalkboard…entertaining/learning with Aiden! 
My family gasped, when they came home and saw I had let Aiden draw…scribble…and design the chalkboard.  (It was pretty shocking…)
I guess it was just time the whole family got to enjoy the board as much as I have. I let go of my desire to have the board looking like a page out of Better Homes and Gardens.  The scribbling is a sign of a happy lived in home…much more than a finely executed menu or calendar could ever be.

If you would like to make your own Chalkboard Creation for your home you can check out my previous post on Creating Your Own by clicking here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment