I can’t wait to try this Low Fat Nacho recipe that Mika sent me…looks filling and only 3 points per delicious serving.
The original recipe came from the New Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook.
1 teaspoon canola oil
¼ pound ground, skinless turkey breast
1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 (14 ounce) can diced green tomatoes with green chilies, drained
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
6 ounces reduced-fat restaurant-style tortilla chips (I couldn’t find these so I just bought the lowest fat chips and adjusted the points to fit the recipe)
¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
12 olives, sliced (I used green Manzilla olives)
¼ cup sliced jalapeno peppers, drained
½ cup fat free sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray
2. Heat oil in the skillet over medium/high heat.
3. Add turkey, red kidney beans and onion. Break turkey apart with a wooden spoon while cooking until it is no longer pink
4. Stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning cook until it starts to thicken & Keep Warm.
5. Place your tortilla chips onto your baking sheet in a single layer. Top evenly with turkey mixture, sprinkle evenly with cheddar, olives and jalapenos. Bake until cheese is melted. Pile nachos on a plate and serve with sour cream!