Monday, December 17, 2012

Armoire Amore...


Tis the season to spread the love and Fabulously Smitten is sending some to a new and creative blog over at the Quicked Cozy. 

Over in the cozy spot you can find great parenting tips and amazing decorating ideas from new blogger and creative mom Julie. 
Here is a tremendous redo of a thrifty armoire which lends to a BIG impact for any home from Quicked Cozy. 

Thanks for sharing your talent with us Julie.

****************

My first project when moving into the new house was to find an armoire that I could fix up. One of the only things I wish i could change at our new place is the size of the master bedroom closet. I had been spoiled being in newer homes the last two moves and had LARGE master closets. This one was going to force me to rearrange! So, I figured the bedroom was large enough to hold a nice armoire that would give me more storage. So off to Craigslist I went!

After a week or so of searching I found this armoire for $100, and negotiated the price to $80.

Nothing fancy, right? My main goal when looking for things on Craigslist are:

1. Is it solid wood? THIS is why I love old furniture. Everything seems to be made of particle board

these days and solid wood is so much better!!

2. A classic design. I prefer straight edges and things that will look modern once painted.

3. Function! Make sure all the drawers and doors work properly!
 
Head over to the Quicked Cozy find out how Julie completed this
fabulous Armoire Amore Redo...  
Thanks for sharing with Fabulously Smitten readers Julie…we look forward to more of your creative exploits!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment