Monday, October 1, 2012

Evermore...


And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!
-Edgar Allen Poe
I have long been a Poe fan and I have always enjoyed sharing him with my students.  I am never sure that it is specifically his writing or the darkness that surrounded him and his life. 
But Poe is Halloween to me, so this Halloween Reinvention was truly Poe inspired. 
 
Using my Hobby Lobby Scrapbook Paper I set out to reinvent these fabulous pictures Jim and I got for our wedding.  I have used these pictures throughout our marriage in different rooms of the house.  Right now, they are in our kitchen.
 
I took the pictures apart without harming the original prints using a simple kitchen knife.
The 12x12 scrapbook paper was a perfect fit for these frames.  I did not even have to cut them down.
 
 
I love the final look.  If you would like to see more Halloween Reinventions you can check here:
Until Next Time-
Get Creative

5 comments:

  1. I really like it and perfect for Halloween! Thanks so much for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you...I thought it turned out great and I am ready to try it for Christmas decorating next!

      Delete
  3. This is fantastic! I have just been experimenting with some book art projects, will have to try out a poe inspired one for halloween, looks so effective.

    ReplyDelete