Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Lemon & Mint Refresher


I have been a religious pop (soda) drinker for years. I bowed down to the gods of  Diet Coke followed by a long relationship with the Master Diet Mountain Dew (more affectionately referred to as Mommy Crack) and then once I got pregnant it was the Zen of Sprite Zero. 

In order to make some changes in my life, I decided to cut the habit.  I scoured Pinterest for detox recipes and unique ways to make this change while not totally going into fits of craziness.  Turns out what worked for me was as easy as some lemon water and mint.  Also the knowledge that no matter what I drink I am always going to be a little crazy!

 
Lemon & Mint Refresher
1 Pitcher of Water
4 Fresh Lemons
1 Sprig of Mint
 
 
Directions

Fill your pitcher with water or your Brita whatever you use at home.

Slice 2 lemons and place into pitcher of water.

Juice 2 lemons and pour into water. (I use a hand juicer and a toddler, but you can also use a fancy one.)

Take your sprig of mint and break it apart and place in water pitcher.

Leave overnight for best taste results….enjoy!
 
 
Now instead of pop...I am addicted to my Lemon & Mint Refresher. What are you addicted to drinking? 
I would love to know, leave me a comment or a recipe.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment