Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Mommy Adventures in Potty Training


Do the Potty Dance!  We have all seen it…right?  The uncomfortable wiggle from our kids just before they let it all loose. 

In order to aid with the overall potty training process, I decided to make a Potty Treat Jar for Aiden James.  At this point he loves the treats, not so much the whole potty action!

Making A Potty Treat Jar

Pick out your jar…mine was from Wal-Mart and was $3.95.

Helpful Hint:  I would get a plastic jar to do it all over again!

Use stickers to Personalize

Helpful Hint:  I just used old scrapbook stickers I had around the house but Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart, Target, Michael's and even the Dollar Store all have inexpensive letters you can pick up.

Decorate!

Helpful Hint:  I found an old Fancy Cat Collar I used to traumatize my cat with and it fit perfectly.  However, you could use a rubber band and add ribbon, old t-shirts or fabric strips to complete the look.

 What do I put in my jar?

We have tried M&M’s; I found those too easy for Mommy to eat! Hersey’s Kisses, which Aiden loved but can be expensive and messy. Finally, we tried the colored marshmallows which run about $1 a bag, work great and last awhile.






1 comment: